Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Eve

We celebrated New Year's Eve together with Aïssa, my childhood friend, who came over for dinner and game. We had fun! Aïssa is such an amazing person: warm and generous. She adds to much to the company and I was so happy to see her and Nettus interacting so much, despite not being to speak each other's languages!

As for the food, I made this particular dish for Aïssa (who is a picky eater) I had made a spicy tomato sauce with mixed vegetables which she thought was simply great!

As for Nettus and I, we had one of the best dishes I made during the entire year, with a cream based sauce filled with Swedish mushrooms (dried and sent by Nettus' mom), Eden nuts, sundried tomatoes, the season's vegetables and wild Nigerien herbs (the ones that Western media labels as famine food). It was really, really good and I just hope I can remember how I made it so I can do it again next year!

Last picture of Aïssa 2007

Last picture of Nettus 2007

Last picture of Ishtar 2007

See you again soon though!

Ishtar

No comments: