Sunday, July 15, 2007

Explaining faith

Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
Strangely, answering the standard greeting phrase "How are you doing?" in a single word (or sentence!) is harder than explaining faith to someone who doesn't believe. Although I cannot answer "Fine" or "All is well" when asked how things are going, there is hope in my heart, despite the human impossibility. I am learning to live day-by-day; an art I wish I'd striven for years ago, but then I was still struggling so to be in control.

Ishtar

2 comments:

photogchic said...

Beautiful picture. It almost looks like a painting, the grasses look like strokes of green. You and your mom are in my thoughts. Sending hugs your way.

Esther Garvi said...

Thanks, Photogchic! The picture was taken with my mobile phone, but although the scenery was breathtaking, the picture lacked depth. So I did it over in Photoshop. Really enjoy working on the pictures until the portray the "right mood"...