Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Taking both sisters out for a good ride

I am a lucky person. It was always my dream to ride in the bush with Arwen's future foal running freely by her side. Unfortunately, Arwen hasn't given birth to anything yet, but when Maya happened to come our way, I just couldn't resist the temptation of letting her loose, believing that the need to belong to a flock is a stronger urge to a horse than pure freedom. Which was proven to be true, at least in the case of Maya.

Although I waited until I had passed the main road (in order not to confuse traffic!), I let her loose when as soon as we reached the outskirts of town, and then, off we went! She ran first to start with, being so eager to stretch her legs, but as soon as we were out in the open, she just tagged along, switched sides with us with regular intervals.

Nettus met us for a brief photo shoot, where Maya unsurprisingly did not care to stand still (it was all so exiting and so many things to discover!).

We did stay a few minutes, before heading off for some "real" work in the bush! Need I say that we had a lot of fun...?

Ishtar

No comments: