Monday, December 04, 2006

Animal life

Esther and Madougou the vet, who comes by on his weekly visit to check on the mystified foal in Arwen's stomach. I always wonder: will it be alive, dead or resurrected this time...? :-)

Arwen at peace in the deep white sand...

Sahara looks a little less elegant, but enjoys her rest just as much...

The horses' view from their "garden"...

Arwen licks my back as I and Baloo check on her udder. The color of her milk is supposed to be an indicator of when the foaling will take place, but many mares will often show some of the signs or none at all, so in the end, it's pretty hard to tell until the day comes when she starts to sweat and go into labour...

Arwen's favorite hobby after racing: rolling in the sand...

Baloo the guarddog has made some new friends and enjoys the shower that Sahara gives him...

"I look even cuter when I roll over! Want to see?"

Kinza - our Polish Alsacian from Nigeria - with her own unique charm.


Ishtar

No comments: