Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Arwen's return

In the afternoon, Ali, Chinada and another jockey (by the name of Bala) came over to help me set up a place for Arwen in Josef and Renate's garden...


To being with, Chinada cleared the grass and then we added four carts of sand, which cost about €10...


Arwen is now happily installed in Josef and Renate's garden (though as soon as the fence has been set up here, I will move her to the Eden ground next door)....


It was really good to have Arwen back again, but unfortunately, she had changed quite a lot since I left! Long gone was the little obedient bush horse that I had fallen in love with. What I now had in my hands instead was an amazing race horse, but unfortunately also a true Diva! It did not take long to see that Arwen has gotten used to having people around her - and they are they were to serve her, not be obeyed... A short ride with Arwen in the bush quickly made me realise that if I'm going to keep this mare, I will not only have to train away Arwen's new queenish ways but also train Chinada in how to ride her, so that she is not only stimulated through racing. Right now, she is set on one thing and one thing only: racing! In her mind, it starts just outside the gate and goes on until she's back. But I'll give her two weeks and see if I can't retrain her, because I know that deep inside, there is a strong will in her to please, and for the last nine months, no one has required anything else from her other than racing. And what you ask from Arwen; your receive tenfold for a racing horse, she is...

So wish me good luck folks! :-)

Ishtar

No comments: